Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Writing Group

   Oh the revising! I'm now working on rewriting chapter 4. Only about 18 to go! Plus however many I randomly decide that I need to add in the "rewriting my entire story" process. I kept the first chapter and half the second, although those are now the second chapter and half the third, since I added a chapter at the beginning as per the suggestion of my writing group.
   Anyone writing a story who doesn't have a writing group, I highly suggest that you get one. Mine consists of my two best friends, which normally wouldn't be a good idea, but we have one person who always keeps on track. We have set rules for ourselves that include not being on the internet if it doesn't have anything to do with the book we are currently working on, never get offended by anything that is said, and bring your own treats (although we generally share). Obviously, you can write your own rules for your group; no group is the same. I love my group because I know that they will tell me everything they think of the book, good or bad. And I know that no matter what, even if one of says this is the stupidest line that was ever written, we won't get offended. Because it is never meant as an offense. It is meant to make the book the best it can be. And no matter how awesome you are, your story will never be as amazing if you don't take anyone else's advice. That's something that I had to learn the hard way.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the revisions. Mine are giving me fits right now.

    ReplyDelete